- Boarding schools in Xinjiang consolidate universal access to education: white paper
A white paper on Sunday said boarding schools in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region can help consolidate universal access to compulsory education and promote balanced education.
- Xinjiang's ethnic minority population to maintain steady growth: white paper
The population, in particular that of ethnic minority groups, in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, will continue to maintain steady growth in the near term, said a white paper on Sunday.
- Xinjiang adds over 2.3 mln new urban jobs in 2016-2020
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region added more than 2.34 million new urban jobs during the 13th Five-Year Plan period (2016-2020), keeping the registered urban unemployment rate below 4 percent, local authorities said.
- Xinjiang's ethnic sports very much alive
Residents from Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region shared their personal experiences participating in traditional sports and games of the different ethnic groups at a press conference held on Friday.
- Commentary: America's obsession with poisoning the well of China
Soon after Chinese regulators fined a few foreign enterprises for falsely advertising goods or services in China, several U.S. media outlets jumped up and down to stigmatize China's lawful act, accusing such moves of probably fueling a wave of nationalist consumption.
- China's Xinjiang posts foreign trade growth in Jan.-Aug.
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region recorded around 97.4 billion yuan (about 15.06 billion U.S. dollars) in foreign trade in the first eight months of this year, up 9.5 percent year on year, local customs said on Monday.
- Population of endangered Przewalski's horses in Xinjiang increases to 487
The number of Przewalski's horses in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region had grown to 487 by the end of 2020, according to the Xinjiang Wild Horse Breeding and Research Center.
- Xinjiang residents debunk lies fabricated by Western politicians, anti-China forces
More than 20 residents in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region shared their personal experiences at a news conference via video link on Friday to expose the lies and fallacies of some Western politicians and anti-China forces.
- Villagers are better-off in the beautiful rural area
In recent years, Wensu County has been promoting modern agriculture development while building a beautiful village, and has embarked on a win-win road of economic development and environmental improvement.
- China Focus: 20 years on, conservation efforts bring more endangered Przewalski's horses back to wilderness
The sight of galloping endangered wild horses at a distance rekindled Wang Zhenbiao's memories of releasing the first batch of the horses into the wild in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- Xinjiang cotton industry provides freedom to succeed
Cotton growers and workers from the textile and garment industry in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region shared their personal experiences to debunk allegations of "forced labor" in the region at a news conference on Tuesday.
- Xinjiang Shanshan: Figs go on sale with “sweetness”
In mid-August, figs have entered the harvest season in Dalangkan Township in Shanshan County of Turpan City, NW China’s Xinjiang. The fig orchard is full of fruity fragrance, and tempting figs hang under green leaves, which are mouth-watering.
- Marigold ushers in a harvest
At present,65,000 mu of marigold in Yutian County is in full bloom, farmers are stepping up the process of picking and selling.
- 5.1-magnitude earthquake shakes Xinjiang
A 5.1-magnitude earthquake jolted Pishan County in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, at 9:54 a.m. Saturday Beijing Time, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC).
- A good harvest in the farmland
A good harvest in the farmland
- Across China: Love, career, friendship: Pakistani jeweler's glittering life in Xinjiang
After 28 years in Urumqi, capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Asim Muhammad from Pakistan is usually seen as a local by tourists.
- Medical aid boosts Xinjiang's healthcare
In the past, impoverished regions within Xinjiang faced low medical standards and severe shortages of medical resources. China's Government and Agencies, Central State-owned Enterprises, and 19 Aid-Xinjiang provinces pledged to ensure and improve the livelihoods of Xinjiang residents, sending numerous teams of doctors to change the state of healthcare in local regions.
- Natural gas recovery project in China's Xinjiang begins
A natural gas recovery project in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region was put into operation on Monday, at the region's Tarim oilfield.
- China's Xinjiang now has over 10,000 5G base stations
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has built 10,490 5G base stations to date, amid efforts to accelerate the upgrade of its digital infrastructure, local authorities said on Friday.
- Unclear how 3 new asymptomatic cases got infected in Xinjiang
The three new asymptomatic COVID-19 patients in Alashankou Port, Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, hadn't traveled to places out of Xinjiang in the past two weeks and had no contact with confirmed, suspected or asymptomatic COVID-19 cases, an official said on Sunday.
- Xinjiang reports new asymptomatic COVID-19 cases
Three new asymptomatic COVID-19 cases were reported in Alashankou Port in Bortala Mongol autonomous prefecture, Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region.
- Xinjiang ready to take goji berries to global markets
As farmers began preparing for the first goji berry harvest of the year in Jinghe county, the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, in June, their hopes of cashing in on their crops were higher than in previous years.
- China's Xinjiang posts foreign trade growth in H1
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region registered a year-on-year growth of 19.1 percent in its foreign trade in the first half of this year, local customs said Thursday.
- Major breakthrough made in the longest freeway tunnel in China's Xinjiang
Giant tunnel boring machines on Monday have passed through the most difficult and dangerous part of the Tianshan Shengli tunnel in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, a 22-km-long expressway tunnel that will be the country's longest.
- Total mileage of rural roads in Xinjiang reaches 146,800 km
Rural roads in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region have totaled 146,800 kilometers in length by the end of 2020.
- Construction of railway passing through southern Xinjiang enters final sprint stage
Track laying work of the 825-kilometer-long Hotan-Ruoqiang Railway in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region is about to be completed, which means the whole construction process has entered final sprint stage.
- A good harvest of pepper in Barkol in Xinjiang, China
Pepper farmers in Kazak Autonomous County of Barkol in Xinjiang, China are embracing a good harvest.
- NW China's Xinjiang successful in expanding 'green wall'
NW China's Xinjiang successful in expanding 'green wall'
- China's public security ministry opposes US Senate passing Xinjiang-related bill
China's Ministry of Public Security has voiced strong dissatisfaction with and resolute opposition to a Xinjiang-related bill recently passed by the US Senate.
- Industry boosts employment
?Photo taken on August 3, 2021 shows employees work on the production line at Heng'an (Changji) Paper Co., Ltd. in Changji City of Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, northwest China’s Xinjiang. The company settled in the Changji National High-tech Industrial Development Zone in 2010, producing finished paper and wipes series selling well at home and abroad. At present, the company employs more than 200 local people. Photo by He Long