- Subgrade finished for new road crossing China's largest desert
?The subgrade of a new road crossing the Taklimakan Desert has been finished, paving the way for improved transport and economic growth in the regions around China's largest desert. The road is located in south Xinjiang's Bayingolin Mongolian Autonomous Prefecture, connecting Yuli and Qiemo counties.
- Xinjiang people hail dramatic changes in recent years, anticipate brighter future
?The third central symposium on work related to Xinjiang was held last Friday and Saturday in Beijing. People from all walks of life in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region followed the event closely.
- Xinjiang has 500 key leading agricultural enterprises
The reporter learned from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of Xinjiang: up to now, there are 500 key leading agricultural enterprises in Xinjiang (41 national-level and 459 provincial-level), contributing to poverty alleviation, consolidation of agricultural production capacity and agricultural industrialization upgrading.
- A yield of 548.53 kg per mu! Barren land in NW China's Xinjiang turned into rice paddies
?Pilot rice paddies in saline-alkali soil in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region have achieved a theoretical yield of 548.53 kilograms per mu (about 0.07 hectare), researcher said on Friday. A public yield monitoring was conducted Friday by researchers on the rice paddies in Bayiawati Township, Yopurga County of Kashgar, which lies next to the western margin of the Taklimakan Desert in Xinjiang. The saline soil rice has been developed by the research team led by Yuan Longping, a pioneer in hybrid rice. Three years ago, the team launched a program of planting rice in saline-alkali soil in Yopurga County. Now the total area has reached 300 mu (20 hectares).
- Xinjiang villagers see huge changes after relocation
Two years ago, it took Aytursun Abdureshit at least three hours to travel from her home to a railway station in Yecheng county, Kashgar prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region.
- Xinjiang creates 2 million jobs in 6 years
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region created some 2 million new jobs for its residents from 2014-19.
- New expressway links Beijing, Urumqi
Workers have completed building the main structure of a new expressway linking Beijing and Urumqi, capital of Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region.
- Xinjiang promotes livestream in poverty alleviation
A large-scale live streaming event featuring poverty alleviation products in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region was inaugurated Friday, according to the regional commerce department.
- Hotan-Ruoqiang railway under construction in China's Xinjiang
Aerial photo taken on Sept. 25, 2020 shows sand barriers along the Hotan-Ruoqiang railway in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. With a total length of about 825 kilometers, the railway is an important part of the train loop of the Tarim Basin.
- Scholars refute overseas falsehoods on Xinjiang's population policy
Chinese scholars have refuted overseas falsehoods on the population policy and human rights in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- The “last kilometer” of the main line of Beijing-Xinjiang Expressway connected
On the afternoon of September 24, 2020, with the erection of the last girder of the Penkete No. 2 Bridge, the Wutong Daquan-Mulei section, the so-called “last kilometer”, of the Beijing-Xinjiang Expressway (G7) has been connected. So far, the second expressway in and out of Xinjiang takes shape.
- Xinjiang has 15 more national green factories
On September 21, 2020, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology completed the public announcement of the fifth green manufacturing list, on which there are 15 enterprises, 2 industrial parks, 1 supply chain management enterprise and 15 design products of Xinjiang.
- Across China: Young man makes fortune in e-commerce in Xinjiang
By running an e-commerce company in Turpan, a city in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Ubaidulla Umar became a millionaire in less than four years by simply selling fruits.
- Across China: Xinjiang farmers, firms make fortune from goji berries
Goji berry growers and processing companies in Jinghe County, northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, have embraced a bumper harvest this year, thanks to more goji derivative products.
- Xinjiang invests heavily in road construction
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has invested 397.3 billion yuan (around 58.3 billion U.S. dollars) between 2014 and 2019 in road construction, local authorities said.
- Humble nang becomes big business for Xinjiang bakers
After returning to his village in Kashgar prefecture in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region as the gold medalist of the prefecture's first nang craftsmanship competition, Abdulxukuer Amar said he has realized that nang, a baked flatbread and staple food for the Uygur ethnic group, has more potential than he had ever imagined.
- Subgrade finished for new road crossing China's largest desert
The subgrade of a new road crossing the Taklimakan Desert has been finished, paving the way for improved transport and economic growth in the regions around China's largest desert.
- China's Xinjiang sees consecutive growth in foreign trade
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has achieved growth in foreign trade for three consecutive months since June, local authorities said.
- More cadres sent to Xinjiang to support development
China's latest group of personnel from central Party and state institutions and enterprises arrived in Urumqi on Monday to start their three-year work term in an assistance program for the development of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- Total imports and exports of the Kashgar Comprehensive Bonded Zone increased
The reporter learned from the Urumqi Customs: In the first 8 months in 2020, the imports and exports of the Kashgar Comprehensive Bonded Zone reached 444 million RMB yuan, a year-on-year increase of 226%. Among them, exports were 256 RMB million yuan, a year-on-year increase of 494%; imports were 188 million RMB yuan, a year-on-year increase of 102%.
- China's Xinjiang continuously promotes TCM
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has been continuously promoting traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), authorities said.
- 55 kinds of traditional Chinese medicine and ethnic medicine listed in the medical insurance directory of Xinjiang
The reporter learned from the press conference on the development of traditional Chinese medicine in Xinjiang held by the Information Office of the People’s Government of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on September 22, 2020 that 55 kinds of traditional Chinese medicine and ethnic medicine have been listed in the medical insurance directory of Xinjiang.
- Thousands of safe new homes on track for Xinjiang
Mutalip Abduwali is very satisfied with his newly-built, 80-sq meter house, which contains three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom.
- Electricity from Xinjiang helps cut emissions in east China
An ultra-high-voltage (UHV) power transmission line has sent over 50 billion kWh of electricity from northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region to east China since it commenced operations one year ago, helping cut coal-related emissions.
- Profile: Xinjiang tailor stitches a new future for villagers
Gu Xumei is a household name in the county of Yining, northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, as the female tailor has trained more than 3,000 apprentices for free over the past 35 years, helping them increase their income and shake off poverty.
- Employment progress in Xinjiang key to social stability, experts say
Improving the employment situation in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region not only helps people to live a better life but also plays a positive role in maintaining social stability, experts said.
- Experts say China's white paper on employment, labor rights in Xinjiang shows policy effectiveness
Providing employment to over 13 million people in Xinjiang is a "reaffirmation that the people of Xinjiang are equal to all other Chinese citizens in terms of full rights and duties," said Mohamed Noman Galal, a former Egyptian Ambassador to China who have visited Xinjiang several times and talked to many local people.
- Xinjiang spurs tourism revival after overcoming virus outbreak
The Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, a major tourism destination in China, is giving the sector a boost after containing a recent spate of COVID-19 cases.
- Workers' rights safeguarded in Xinjiang
China has shown its strong commitment to safeguarding people's lawful rights to work in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, and everyone has largely benefited from these employment policies, international experts said in response to a newly issued white paper.
- Naan industrial park gives Uygur people a new start
Arzigul Yasin used to sell cosmetics until early this year, but now she spends time on promoting naan - the staple wheat bread of Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region - through livestreaming platforms.