- Anti-pandemic supplies worth up to 8 million yuan sent to Shanghai
The first batch of anti-pandemic supplies including 16,000 boxes of dried fruit, are expected to arrive in Shanghai in four days. Xinjiang will donate anti-pandemic supplies, including dried fruit and fragrant pears worth up to eight million yuan, to Shanghai.
- Mechanical potato planting ensures the smooth progress of spring ploughing in Xinjiang
farmers use machine to lay mulching films to plant early-maturing potatoes at Xin Village in Tuopuhan Township of Wensu County, Aksu Prefecture, northwest China's Xinjiang.
- Seize the spring time to step up spring ploughing
As soon as April arrives, the warm shining sun brings vitality to the ‘sleeping’ land, and farmers take advantage of the good weather and seize the spring time to step up spring ploughing, showing busy scenes in the fields.
- A total of 1,000,000 mu cotton starts to be sowed in Yuli County, Xinjiang
Spring comes early to hard-working farmers and they are busy with spring ploughing now. Recently, the works of sowing more than 1 million mu of cotton in Yuli County, a major cotton planting county in Xinjiang, are in full swing in all villages and towns of the county, presenting a busy scenery in cotton fields.
- BeiDou-powered machinery performs with high efficiency in Xinjiang cotton sowing season, debunks forced labor accusations
?China's commercial remote-sensing satellite constellation Jilin-1 has shown how technology is making things much easier in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region during this year's cotton sowing and planting season in vivid images, where autopilot tractors empowered by the country's home-developed BeiDou Satellite Navigation System (BDS) are seen busy farming in the fields.
- Power stations along desert highway near completion
Construction of a zero-carbon emission project that aims to build 86 solar power stations along the Tarim Desert Highway in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region is set for completion this month.
- Outbreak triggers emergency steps in Urumqi
?Health authorities in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, triggered an emergency response mechanism on Wednesday, including epidemiological investigations, nucleic acid testing and quarantine measures after COVID-19 cases were reported in the city.
- Xinjiang expands healthcare for women, children
Maternity and Children Healthcare Hospital in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region opened on Monday, further strengthening the region's health service network for women and children. Currently, Xinjiang boasts 106 such healthcare institutions.
- Xinjiang works to bolster human rights
The government of the autonomous region has improved employment and education opportunities to help raise living standards for residents from all ethnic groups. Below, China Daily reporter Zhang Yangfei outlines five fields in which effective changes have been made.
- UAE officials praise Xinjiang's development
Two United Arab Emirates (UAE) officials who have previously visited northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region have praised the region's development achievements in recent years.
- Sinopec profit doubles to highest in decade
China Petroleum and Chemical Corp, the country's largest oil refiner, said its net profit more than doubled to its best level in 10 years on higher crude prices and strong demand for petroleum products.
- China's Xinjiang posts robust foreign trade growth in first two months
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region recorded 23.82 billion yuan ($3.75 billion) in foreign trade in the first two months of this year, up 34.4 percent year-on-year, the local customs said Wednesday.
- Better education gives wings to children in Xinjiang's remote areas
One day ahead of the spring semester, 11-year-old Ayizmal Mirzjan and her friends left their home village deep in the mountains of the Pamir Plateau for school.
- Wondrous Xinjiang: Residents' stories tell of human rights progress
Residents from northwest China's Xinjiang have shared their life and career stories to show the all-round progress of human rights in the autonomous region.
- Video conference held to share Xinjiang stories with Lebanese
China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region and the Chinese embassy in Lebanon held a video conference on Thursday to show the people of Lebanon what life is really like in Xinjiang.
- Xinjiang puts new emphasis on soccer in kindergarten
The Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region will build 1,000 kindergartens this year that will feature soccer education, under a pilot project of the regional departments of sports, education and finance.
- People are busy with farming in Yanqi County, NW China’s Xinjiang
People are busy with farming in Yanqi County, NW China’s Xinjiang
- 5.2-magnitude quake hits China's Xinjiang
A 5.2-magnitude earthquake jolted Pishan County in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region at 9:41 p.m. Thursday Beijing Time, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC).
- GLOBALink | Firefighter jumps into cold water to save boy in NW China's Xinjiang
?A firefighter jumped into cold water to save a 5-year-old boy from drowning in Aketao County, northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- Yinan Industrial Park to build industrial clusters
Yinan Industrial Park to build industrial clusters
- Xinjiang sets up fund to promote high-tech industry
Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region has set up a special fund of 100 million yuan (about $15.8 million) for the development of high-tech enterprises this year.
- Xinjiang's electricity transmission volume tops 500b kWh
Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region in Northwest China has transmitted a total of 503.7 billion kWh of locally-generated electricity to other parts of the country since 2010, according to the State Grid's Xinjiang branch.
- The lively spring at the greenhouse
The vegetable production base has cultivated 1.6 million high-quality vegetable seedlings such as peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, and cucumbers, which supplies 1,549 greenhouses in the county.
- The rabbit industry increases people’s income
The rabbit industry increases people’s income
- Step up the production of woolen products to ensure a good start in sale
Step up the production of woolen products to ensure a good start in sale
- Enjoy the New Year atmosphere in ice and snow sports in Xinjiang
When the Spring Festival of the year of Tiger meets the Winter Olympics, more and more people in Xinjiang go to the ski resort and ice rink to explore the beauty of ice fall, enjoy the fun of ice and snow and experience the atmosphere of the Chinese New Year to cheer for the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics.
- China's Xinjiang clears COVID-19 risk areas
China's Xinjiang clears COVID-19 risk areas
- Ice and snow sports and splendid dragon dance feature and enliven the Chinese New Year
Many parents took their kids to ski and many young people enjoy ice and snow at the West Ski Resort in Urumqi.
- Xinjiang sees robust passenger, cargo throughput in Spring Festival holiday
The railways and airports in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region posted a robust passenger and cargo throughput growth during the Spring Festival holiday, authorities said.
- Xinjiang enjoys good governance featuring development, stability and opening up
People of all ethnic groups in China's Xinjiang are leading a happy life thanks to good governance featuring development, stability and opening up.