- China's top political advisor meets speaker of Algerian Council of the Nation via video link
China's top political advisor Wang Yang on Tuesday met via video link with Salah Goudjil, speaker of the Algerian Council of the Nation.
- Senior Chinese diplomat talks with South Korean national security advisor over phone
Yang Jiechi, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, held a phone conversation on Thursday with Kim Sung-han, director of the National Security Office of South Korea.
- Vanuatu will always be true friend of China: president
Vanuatu President Tallis Obed Moses said on Wednesday that his country will always remain a true friend of China no matter how the international situation changes and what challenges it may encounter in the future.
- Cambodia, China ink deal to build COVID-19 vaccine filling factory in Cambodia
Cambodia and China on Wednesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the construction of a COVID-19 vaccine filling and packaging factory in Cambodia.
- Chinese FM, PIF secretary general discuss cooperation on blue economy, climate change
Visiting Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi met with Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretary General Henry Puna here on Sunday, with both sides discussing bilateral cooperation on blue economy and climate change.
- Feature: Chinese company brings "new hope" to Egypt's animal farming
At a feed factory in Sadat City of Menoufia province, north of the Egyptian capital Cairo, workers were loading poultry feed into trucks waiting in line from local farms.
- Samoa, China agree on mutually beneficial, win-win cooperation
Samoan Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Fiame Naomi Mata'afa met with visiting Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi here on Saturday, with both sides reaffirming commitment to the mutually beneficial and win-win cooperation.
- Interview: Mongolian minister says China's experience in combating desertification worth learning
As China has made wide strides in combating desertification with its forest cover greatly increased over the past decades, Mongolia draws inspiration from the neighboring country's experience, Mongolian Minister of Environment and Tourism Bat-Ulzii Bat-Erdene has said.
- UN peacekeeping chief praises China's support
UN Under-Secretary-General for Peace Operations Jean-Pierre Lacroix on Thursday praised China's support for the UN peacekeeping operations.
- China, Vanuatu reach 5-point consensus on bilateral ties, int'l cooperation
hina and Vanuatu reached a five-point consensus on bolstering bilateral ties and cooperation on international and regional affairs Wednesday after Vanuatu Prime Minister Bob Loughman and his key cabinet members met with visiting Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
- Senior Chinese, German diplomats meet via video link
Yang Jiechi, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, held a video meeting on Tuesday upon invitation with Jens Plotner, foreign and security policy advisor to the German chancellor.
- China, Tonga vow to enhance friendship, cooperation
Tongan Prime Minister Hu'akavameiliku Siaosi Sovaleni met with visiting Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi here on Tuesday, with both sides vowing to enhance bilateral friendship and cooperation.
- Chinese embassy in Italy presents int'l science cooperation award
The Chinese Embassy in Italy bestowed the 2020 International Science and Technology Cooperation Award to the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) here on Tuesday.
- Tonga, China vow to deepen political mutual trust, cooperation
Tonga and China pledged on Tuesday to deepen their political mutual trust and promoted cooperation in various fields as well as cultural and people-to-people exchanges.
- Trade based on American values runs counter to basic economic laws: Chinese FM
The U.S. attempted assessment of normal trade by whether it conforms to American values goes against basic economic laws, visiting Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi has said.
- Samoa, China agree to safeguard legitimate rights of developing countries, true multilateralism
Samoa and China agreed here on Saturday to enhance unity and cooperation, jointly safeguard the legitimate rights of developing countries, and insist on true multilateralism.
- China hopes to expand win-win cooperation with Pacific island countries for common development
China has put forward a series of proposals to deepen its comprehensive strategic partnership featuring mutual respect and common development with Pacific island countries, according to a position paper issued here Monday after the second China-Pacific Island Countries Foreign Ministers' Meeting.
- China encourages airlines to launch air routes to Pacific island countries
China encourages and supports airlines to launch air routes and flights between China and Pacific island countries when COVID-19 is effectively under control, according to a position paper issued here Monday after the second China-Pacific Island Countries Foreign Ministers' Meeting.
- China supports development of South Pacific nuclear-free zone
China upholds the international non-proliferation regime with the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons as its cornerstone and supports the development of the South Pacific nuclear-free zone, according to a position paper issued here Monday after the second China-Pacific Island Countries Foreign Ministers' Meeting.
- China's Global Development Initiative a timely call-for-action to address global challenges: WEF officer
The China-proposed Global Development Initiative (GDI) is a timely call-for-action to address those pressing challenges that threaten the global collective ability to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), an article on the World Economic Forum (WEF) website has said.
- Chinese foreign minister holds talks with Pakistani counterpart
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi held talks with Pakistan's new foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Sunday in Guangzhou.
- Chinese FM elaborates on China-Latin America relations
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday elaborated on China's position and views on developing relations with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) in phone conversations with Uruguayan Foreign Minister Francisco Bustillo, Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Juan Carlos Holguin and Nicaraguan Foreign Minister Denis Moncada.
- Chinese FM holds phone talks with Uruguayan counterpart over ties, cooperation
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday held a phone conversation with Uruguayan Foreign Minister Francisco Bustillo.
- China, Ecuador pledge to advance pragmatic cooperation
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday held a phone conversation with Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Juan Carlos Holguin, with both sides vowing to promote pragmatic cooperation.
- Chinese premier, Pakistani PM hold phone call on bilateral ties
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Monday talked over phone with Pakistani Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif on bilateral ties.
- Global assembly organizer says China "green hydrogen powerhouse"
China was hailed as "a green hydrogen powerhouse" for its strides in developing clean hydrogen at the first-ever Green Hydrogen Global Assembly, which was concluded here Wednesday.
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Macquarie Island region
An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.3 jolted the Macquarie Island region at 1013 GMT on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said.
- Chinese FM meets ROK's new FM via video link
Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi Monday met with Park Jin, the new foreign minister of the Republic of Korea (ROK) via video link.
- China's Hubei launches first freight train via China-Laos Railway
A freight train departed Tuesday morning from Wuhan, the capital of central China's Hubei Province, to Laos' Luang Prabang, marking the launch of Hubei's first international freight train that runs via the China-Laos Railway.
- Korean memory chip giant's manufacturing project breaks ground in China's Dalian
SK hynix, a semiconductor firm headquartered in the Republic of Korea, started constructing a non-volatile memory manufacturing project in northeast China's Dalian City on Monday.