- Chinese vice premier stresses need for continuous improvement of eco-environment
Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng on Friday urged efforts to continuously improve the eco-environment through systematic planning and addressing problems at the source.
- China reports progress in environmental protection on rivers, lakes
Solid progress has been made in China's campaign against behaviors detrimental to the environment of rivers and lakes in the past three years, according to the Ministry of Water Resources.
- Over 85 pct young Chinese intend to have side jobs: survey
A recent survey by China Youth Daily shows that 85.5 percent of young Chinese are willing to take up side jobs.
- China's installed capacity of renewable power tops 1 bln kw
China's installed capacity of renewable-energy power generation reached 1.002 billion kilowatts by the end of October, doubling that at the end of 2015, data from the National Energy Administration shows.
- China's Tibet sees brisk growth in courier services
The courier sector in southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region saw rapid growth in both parcels handled and business revenues in the first 10 months of the year, new data showed.
- Man devotes 20 years of his youth on isolated island to protect lake in central China’s Wuhan
Wang Ruixue, 45, has been living in a mid-lake building for 23 years, devoting himself to the ecological protection of a lake in Wuhan, central China’s Hubei Province.
- CPC initiates election process for 20th National Congress
The Communist Party of China Central Committee released a notice on electing delegates to the Party's 20th National Congress on Thursday, marking the beginning of the election process.
- Cold wave set to hit, but tricky, 'like a fox'
After a break of about two weeks, cold air is expected to cause another slump in temperatures by more than 10 C in nearly 20 provinces from Friday to Tuesday, the National Meteorological Center said.
- Strict punishment urged to prevent bullying
Strict punishment should be used to prevent students from bullying at school, experts have said.
- Tireless rescue official honored as hero model
Shan Yuhou, an emergency management official who died in his dormitory last year in Tianjin, was honored as a first-class hero model in the field at a national-level conference on Nov 5.
- Chinese vice premier stresses securing winter heating, energy supply
Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng on Tuesday called for efforts to secure the nation's energy supply and winter heating for this winter and next spring.
- Senior Chinese lawmaker stresses enforcement of fire protection law
Senior Chinese lawmaker Wang Chen on Tuesday stressed efforts to shore up weaknesses in the fire protection work and strengthen the enforcement of China's fire protection law.
- Chinese military sees all-round revolutionary restructuring: CPC resolution
Chinese military has been through an all-around revolutionary restructuring in preparation for the next stage since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC), according to a landmark resolution released on Tuesday.
- China's national security enhanced on all fronts: CPC resolution
China has enhanced national security on all fronts and overcome many political, economic, ideological, and natural risks, challenges and trials since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC), according to a landmark resolution released on Tuesday.
- "Time, momentum on our side" for realizing China's reunification: CPC resolution
For realizing China's complete reunification, "time and momentum are always on our side," said a landmark resolution of the Communist Party of China (CPC) released on Tuesday.
- Event marking 80th anniversary of Flying Tigers coming to China held in Beijing
Event marking 80th anniversary of Flying Tigers coming to China held in Beijing
- Party school's 2021 autumn semester for second intake of students opens
Chen Xi, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and president of the Party School of the CPC Central Committee (Chinese Academy of Governance), attends the opening ceremony of the school's 2021 autumn semester for the second intake of students, Nov. 16, 2021.
- State councilor stresses level playing field in market
State Councilor Wang Yong on Tuesday underscored efforts to ensure a level playing field in the Chinese market and called for global antitrust cooperation.
- Astronaut goes with the flow in space with tai chi
What is it like to exercise in space? Simple things can be harder in microgravity, while difficult tasks might suddenly be a breeze. A video released on Tuesday shows Zhai Zhigang, a crew member of Shenzhou XIII, practicing tai chi on the Tiangong-1 space lab module with flowing and graceful movements.
- Cyberspace watchdog continues cleaning up internet
?China's cyberspace watchdog has strengthened the governance of the internet, with over 400,000 pieces of harmful information removed since June, the authority said on Tuesday.
- Beijing heightens COVID-19 controls
The Beijing government has tightened COVID-19 control measures on the transportation sector to reduce potential risks.
- Chinese premier meets Cambodian PM via video link
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Monday met with Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen via video link, and promised that China will continue to provide support and assistance within its capacity to Cambodia for pandemic prevention and control, economic recovery and the improvement of people's livelihoods.
- Chinese premier to attend World Economic Forum special virtual dialogue with global business leaders
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will attend the World Economic Forum special virtual dialogue with global business leaders.
- Government puts safety at the top of the agenda
I didn't realize that cybersecurity risks were around until a few years ago, when I discovered that my account on QQ, an instant-messaging tool, had been hijacked.
- Chinese vice premier stresses curbing COVID-19 resurgence in NE China
Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan has stressed strict and solid efforts to curb the latest COVID-19 resurgence and spread in Dalian, a port city of northeast China's Liaoning Province, as soon as possible.
- Guiding principles of key CPC session conveyed to non-Party personages
A senior Communist Party of China (CPC) official on Monday informed non-CPC personages of the guiding principles from the sixth plenary session of the 19th CPC Central Committee.
- Draft regulation expected to bolster data security
A draft regulation on protecting internet data security guarantees the implementation of necessary laws and will play a big role in ensuring internet entities shoulder their responsibilities, experts said.
- Demand for qualified experts rises as companies look to protect themselves
?China has seen demand constantly growing for cybersecurity and information security talent, even though relevant education has advanced in recent years.
- Polyculture breathes new life into shoreline
Located in northern Tianjin's Ninghe district, Qilihai－or "Seven Mile Sea" in Chinese－is one of the world's oldest existing coastlines, but in the last three years, it has undergone a major face-lift.
- Charity raises $1.6m for children's arts education
Celebrity-studded Bazaar China 2021 Charity Night was held in Shenzhen of Guangdong province on Saturday.